Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 5


                My last blog to you was from Williams.  We left there and headed to Gallup, New Mexico.  Rex decided to stop at Meteor Crater, a hole left from a meteor 50,000 years ago.  The wind when we left Williams was pretty strong, but nothing could compare to the wind at the meteor.  We all got out of our vehicles and started across the parking lot.  I decided I didn’t want to chance falling, so went back inside and played some games on my mini iPad.  After waiting about a half an hour I decided to try it.  I had almost made it to the visitor center when a strong gust of wind blew my glasses right off my face, into a wall and across the parking lot under a dumpster and who knows where from there.  I went to look, but couldn’t find them.  I went inside and called my sister and she and Rex and Gio came right out.  None of us could see them.  Of course, they are my only glasses.  Fortunately I am able to see without them, so we continued on to Gallup.  Upon arrival Gio found an optometrist who said he would stay open until we got there and gave me a very thorough examination.  There weren’t any places to make glasses in an hour in Gallup, so we left the next morning for Albuquerque where we found a Lenscrafters and I now have new glasses.  Never have any of us experienced such wind and hoped to never again.   I wasn’t able to blog in Gallup because of not having glasses.  I could see to drive, but not to read.  We didn’t do a blog while in Albuquerque either since we were dry camping (no water, except what we carry in our tank, no electric and no sewer).  Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures either.

No comments:

Post a Comment