Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 14 - October 18, 2013

          Today was our last morning in Williams.  We got up and Gio and I left a little before Sue and Rex so that we could put about 15 gallons of gas in the motorhome.  The price was $4.09 a gallon, so didn't want to fill up the tank.  Kingman was 100 miles away and the price there was $3.29.  Quite a difference.  Anyway, we pulled into the Mobil station and as I started to put in my credit card, this man in a Shell/Bridgestone shirt came over and asked if my husband was inside.  At that point Gio came around the other side and he said, "Or is it just you two ladies".  I told him is was just us.  At that point he said he wanted to show me some cracks on the side walls of one of my tires and that he had seen a bubble as we drove in.  I didn't see anything.  He then said that he could take it off and check it out for free.  I told him I would call my brother-in-law who was at the RV park nearby.  Sue said they were on the way.  When they arrived, the man was no where to be seen.  Rex checked it out and off we went.  I think he was a scam artist thinking he had two feeble women.  He doesn't know Gio and me.

          About 13 miles from Needles, our destination, all of a sudden I saw smoke coming from under Rex's
5th wheel and then the tire shredding.  He saw it also and fortunately, we were at an exit where he could pull off,  When we got out to look at the tire, there was hardly anything left - only the rim  There was also damage to the outside of the 5th wheel.  Sue had just said at the gas station with us that they never go on a trip without tire problems, either for them or the other couple they usually travel with.  After waiting a little over an hour, the tow truck arrived and Rex insisted that Sue, Gio and I go on to the park.  He was going to stop at Big O to get a new tire (which turned into four new ones).  

          Now we are back at the Desert View RV Park in Needles for two nights.  Tomorrow we are going to a "cowboy" town in the area.  Someone said burros wander the streets.  We'll see.

Leaving Williams, AZ
Think this is a water pipeline from the Colorado River.  (Just seconds before tire blew.)

No explanation needed.
Beautiful downdown Needles from our RV park with a full moon.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment